Buses and coaches are considered one of safest forms of public transport. For this reason claims for bus accidents in the Isles of Scilly do not occur often, since drivers undergo tough and vigorous training to be qualified to drive these vehicles. This is because drivers will be tasked with ensuring the security of passengers on board these vehicles.
Unfortunately though, bus and coach accidents still do occur. If you think you may have a valid claim for a bus or coach accident, Accident Advice Helpline will help you seek compensation for your injury.
How can you be injured on a bus and coach and how can you start claiming for bus accidents in the Isles of Scilly?
Being able to minimise the risk of bus or coach accidents is not only up to the drivers but also the passengers and other road users. You can take these simple steps to help prevent and reduce risk of an injury:
- Watching where you step – Take care when boarding and alighting to avoid slip, trip and fall accidents. Many of these vehicles have a lowering mechanism for people with disabilities and passengers with restricted mobility.
- Get seated as soon as you can to avoid being swayed forwards and backwards to help prevent you from falling.
- Avoid moving around the bus, but if you need to, use handrails.
- If the bus or coach is equipped with seatbelts, please use them.
- Make sure your luggage is secure in case you are involved in a road traffic accident as they can injure you when objects are thrown inside the vehicle.
Other factors that are beyond your control include:
- Human error- poor judgment or negligence on the drivers part
- Poor weather
- Mechanical problems (poorly maintained vehicle)
How can you make a claim for bus accidents?
You need to call us and talk to our expert legal advisors who have the expertise and experience in bus and coach accident claims. We have personal injury solicitors who have over 15 years’ experience in dealing with bus accidents in the Isles of Scilly. You are guaranteed that your personal injury compensation claim will be dealt with confidentially, professionally and quickly. We have helped many passengers to make successful compensation claims for bus and coach accidents.
If you or your loved one have been injured in a bus and coach accident, do call us for expert legal advice on how to make a claim. We are there to fight for you.
We are just a call away! Call us on our number 0800 689 0500 if you are calling from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile for help with bus accidents in the Isles of Scilly.
Date Published: 2nd July 2014