Thousands of people use buses to travel around the country every day. They can be a convenient and cheap alternative to travelling by car. Of course, many children travel to school on them as well.
The majority of bus journeys are uneventful but sadly, sometimes accidents can happen and the passengers on the bus are injured. Injuries range from mild discomfort to life-changing permanent disability. On top of all of this, many people find that they have financial issues to deal with. Many people decide to pursue a claim for bus accident compensation.
Top 5 tips for claiming bus accident compensation
- Contact Accident Advice Helpline and we will guide you through the process of claiming for bus accident compensation. You can claim for injuries that occurred up to three years ago.
- You can call Accident Advice Helpline for free initial advice about your claim. You can discuss your situation with one of our friendly, professional advisers and find out for certain if you are entitled to seek compensation. You are under no obligation to pursue the claim unless you want to; the choice is yours.
- Your adviser can pass your claim to one of our specialist solicitors, who will handle your claim from start to finish. At Accident Advice Helpline, we work strictly under the no-win, no-fee* agreement, so there are no up-front fees to get your claim started.
- Keep records of any money that you have had to spend relating to your bus accident compensation claim. Maybe you have lost money because you have not been able to work. May be you have had to pay for extras like childcare or travelling expenses to medical appointments.
- Do not worry that you will have to attend lots of meetings with lawyers. Most claims can be handled over the telephone and very few cases actually get to court. You may need to attend one appointment locally with a doctor for a medical assessment. You may find it useful to have a record of any treatment and hospital visits that you have made, so that you can tell the doctor during the assessment.
Of course, Accident Advice Helpline cannot guarantee the exact amount of bus accident compensation that you will get for your injuries but, with over 16 years’ experience and with the backing of consumer champion, Dame Esther Rantzen, you can be sure that your case is being handled properly.
Chat to Accident Advice Helpline today
To connect with one of our advisers, simply dial 0800 689 0500 (landline) or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile phone. You can also text, ‘claim365’ to 88010 and we will call you back as soon as possible.
Category: Bus accident claims