How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Burns and electrical injuries

    You might think that burns and electrical injuries are not all that common – but it depends on the industry you work in. These types of injuries can affect you at work, or you could even suffer an injury like this in a public place. A faulty vending machine could give you an electric shock, an exploding hairdryer at home could cause burns, whilst faulty electrical equipment at work could spark and cause shock or a fire, leading to burns. If something like this has happened to you, you could find yourself eligible to make a 100% no-win, no-fee* claim for personal injury compensation with Accident Advice Helpline, provided it has been three years or less since your accident.

    How did your accident happen?

    Burns could be the result of an electrical accident, a faulty product or machinery exploding, at home or at work or even somebody spilling something hot on you. Electrical injuries could cause serious complications – for example if you suffer electric shock you could experience damage to your internal organs such as your heart, or you could be thrown across the room and suffer serious back or head injuries. It’s important to ask yourself how your accident happened and if it could have been avoided.

    For example, if your employer failed to ensure machinery and equipment at work was safe to use and it caused an electric shock, they could be held liable for your injuries. If faulty equipment such as a hair dryer catches fire at home and you sustain burns, the product manufacturer could be held responsible. You can get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline if you have suffered burns and electrical injuries, to see if you could make a claim for compensation.

    The aftermath of electrical injuries

    Even in the event that electrical injuries don’t appear serious, you could suffer internal injuries that could be dangerous, so it is always important to seek medical advice after suffering an electric shock or burns from an electrical appliance or device. In order to make a personal injury claim, you must be able to show evidence that you sought medical attention for your injuries, for example a copy of your medical report from your GP; another good reason to make an appointment for a proper diagnosis and treatment after your accident. Some electrical injuries may be minor – for example burns from a faulty hairdryer may need dressing and will take some time to heal, but you will make a full recovery. Other injuries may be more serious – for example, if you suffer an electric shock from a hand dryer in the bathroom at work, you could suffer internal injuries such as damage to your heart, which could affect the rest of your life. Electrical injuries generally fall into three categories:

    • Thermal burns
    • Cardiac arrest caused by electricity’s effect on the heart
    • Muscle, nerve or tissue damage from the current

    You could suffer one of these types of injuries or a combination of two or more, and if you suffer a cardiac arrest or muscle, nerve or tissue damage, it’s likely that you’ll have to spend some time in hospital.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Can any electrical device cause electrical injuries?

    You could be injured by almost any electrical device at home, at work or even in a public place. Common culprits at work include machinery, photocopiers, computers and printers, whilst in public places, people have suffered electrical injuries from vending machines, photo booths, coffee machines and more. Injuries around the home could occur after using faulty kitchen appliances such as a microwave, kettle or toaster, or personal care appliances like a hair straightener or hair dryer. Even the humble household iron could cause an electric shock or thermal burns if it is faulty.

    What should you do if you suffer electrical injuries?

    If you have been injured in an accident in a public place, you should let management know about your accident so that they can remove the dangerous item, if necessary and record your accident in their accident book. Accidents at work should be reported to your employer. If you are injured in an accident at home, you might want to consider contacting the manufacturer of the electrical item, once you have received medical treatment. Manufacturers have a responsibility to ensure that electrical items are safe for use, and if a device is faulty and has caused injury to you or others then they could be held responsible and ordered to pay you compensation for your pain, suffering and financial losses.

    Once you are on the road to recovery, you might want to think about making a personal injury claim. Bear in mind that there is a three-year time limit in place for all claims, so if you want to claim compensation then you need to move fairly quickly. You can get in touch with a personal injury lawyer to find out if you can make a claim after your accident, but make sure you choose a specialist lawyer.

    Why choose Accident Advice Helpline?

    We have been helping members of the public to claim compensation for a wide range of electrical injuries since 2000 and we could help you too. There’s no commitment to proceeding with a claim when you get in touch with us, and we have a network of experienced, specialist personal injury lawyers who will give your claim individual attention.

    Claiming compensation for burns and electrical injuries

    If you’re wondering whether you’re eligible to make a 100% no-win, no-fee* personal injury claim with Accident Advice Helpline, there’s no time like the present to find out. You can call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile) to get confidential advice and answers to any questions you have about the claims process. Our team of expert advisors offer no-obligation advice, and you could even get an idea of how much compensation you could be entitled to after your accident by heading for our website and taking the 30-second test. Get in touch with us today to get the ball rolling on your claim.

    Category: Burn injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.