Broadland accident at work


If you have sustained injuries in a Broadland accident at work, you may be wondering whether you can be dismissed for bringing a personal injury claim against your employer. The answer to this common question is no, your employer cannot sack you for pursuing a claim.

Your employer’s duty of care

Under health and safety legislation, your employer has a duty to ensure your safety while you are at work. If they fail to carry out their duty of care, you will have a legal entitlement to make a claim for a Broadland accident at work that you suffered.

Legally, your employer cannot sack you simply because you have made, or are considering making, a claim. If your employer attempts to do so, you may be able to make a separate claim for unfair dismissal. Similarly, if your employer treats you unfairly and you feel you have no other choice but to leave your job, you may have a claim for constructive dismissal.

Receiving compensation for your Broadland accident at work

All employers are legally required to purchase an insurance policy to cover them in the case of accident at work claims. This means that your employer will not have to pay out for your claim. Usually, the insurance company will deal with the claims process on behalf of your employer, so your claim should not damage your relationship with your employer.

Making a claim against a company that is no longer trading

If your employer is no longer trading, you will still be able to make a Broadland accident at work claim. If the company no longer features on the Companies House register, you will be able to request the restoration of the company. This, in turn, will enable you to make your compensation claim.

Receiving professional help with pursuing your claim

If you have been injured in an accident at work, you must discuss your potential claim with our experienced team. Although you have three years from the date of your accident in which to bring a claim against your employer, you should seek our advice as soon as possible.

To get in touch with us, please call us on our freephone helpline number which is 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, or complete our 30-second test. We will ensure that you are awarded the compensation you are entitled to on a no win no fee* basis.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )