How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Brighton and Hove accident at work

    Your employer is responsible for protecting your health and safety while you are at work. If you suffer an injury or illness as a result of a Brighton and Hove accident at work and you believe your employer may have been responsible, you may be able to claim compensation from them. The Employers’ Liability Act requires your employer to have at least a minimum level of insurance against accident at work claims and this means your employer’s insurance company should pay out for your compensation claim.

    How can I find out more about my employer’s insurance policy?

    When your employer purchases or renews their employers’ liability insurance policy, their insurance company will provide them with a certificate of insurance. Your employer must display a copy of this certificate in a prominent place in the workplace, or they can display it electronically.

    What happens if I wish to make a Brighton and Hove accident at work claim?

    If you suffer an accident at work and want to receive compensation, you should call Accident Advice Helpline. We will take down the details of your accident and use our compensation calculator to determine whether you have a valid claim.

    If you have a strong case for compensation, we will need you to provide us with the details of your employer’s insurance company as soon as possible. This is because we will need to write to them to inform them of the details of your Brighton and Hove accident at work claim. As your employer is required to renew their liability insurance each year, you may need to provide us with the details of an out-of-date insurance policy. Since 2008, there has been no legal requirement for your employer to keep copies of expired insurance certificates. However, for their own reference, your employer should have kept a complete record of all the liability insurance providers they have used over the years.

    If your employer refuses to provide you with the information you require, please contact the team here at  Accident Advice Helpline as soon as possible. Our friendly claims advisors and dedicated personal injury solicitors have extensive experience in all types of Brighton and Hove accident at work claims and they will help you to fight for your legal right to receive compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no-obligation advice about making a claim for compensation.

    Date Published: 25th June 2017

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.