If you or a relative have been involved in an accident of some kind that has resulted in some sort of brain injury, you could have a valid claim for compensation. The injury could have been caused by an accident that wasn’t your fault, either on the roads, at work or in a public place, being the victim of assault, or by medical negligence. Accident Advice Helpline, established in 2000, have a panel of hundreds of legal partners, with experts in brain injury successful compensation claims. They will work on your behalf to establish blame on the third party involved, and recover the maximum amount of compensation owed to you.
What can I make brain injury compensation claims for?
Brain injury compensation claims can be a variety of different things. Some examples could be;
- An acquired brain injury – this is an injury caused by someone else in a criminal assault, or if you have a brain injury as a result of negligence during an operation, or if you have been involved in a motor accident and suffered a brain injury due the fault of another party.
- A stroke or hemorrhage as a result of medical negligence
- A cranial aneurism that may have ruptured and caused a stroke
How do I make brain injury successful compensation claims?
- Try to gather as much information about the accident (if applicable) and injury as possible, including doctors notes, witness details if applicable and any photographic evidence.
- Make your claim as soon as possible, but within 3 years of your brain injury.
- If you are unsure if you have a claim, check our fast and free online compensation calculator, or call our friendly and sympathetic helpline for some free, no obligation advice.
What is the compensation for?
Brain injury compensation claims are there when a victim is unable to earn a living or enough to lead as normal a life as possible. It could help change or improve the lives of the victim and their entire family. Financial compensation can help with:
- Any loss of earning as a result of not being able to work due to the brain injury you have suffered,
- Any costs associated with hospitalization or medical fees,
- On going care you may need, including therapy and home adaptations to improve your quality of life.
Currently in the UK, 7 out of 10 people don’t make a claim after an injury, so are potentially missing out on money that is rightfully theirs, and could make a massive difference to their life. Our panel of lawyers all operate on a 100% no win no fee basis, so there is no financial outlay for you, and any compensation is collected from the third party on top of any fees, so you will always get to keep 100% of what is rightfully yours.
Date Published: 8th November 2012
Author: David Brown