A brain injury in a car accident comes with a rush of traumatic experience for the unfortunate victim. This is due to the fact that injury to the brain impacts negatively upon the victim’s physical, emotional, and thinking (cognitive) departments.
Apart from being knocked down by a vehicle as a pedestrian and knocking your head, there are a number of other ways in which a brain injury in a car accident can occur. Brain injuries can set in when someone experiences whiplash. Whiplash is where your head experiences intense forward or backward movement as a result of sudden change in the speed of a vehicle. They can also happen when you hit your head on the windscreen, car steering wheel, or even the airbag of the vehicle that you are in.
If you are going through trauma due to a brain injury caused by negligence on the part of someone else, Accident Advice Helpline can help you to get the compensation that you deserve.
Why Choose Accident Advice Helpline?
- Accident Advice Helpline are a law firm with over 15 years experience’ who have helped a large number of clients.
- Our advisors are friendly and work with you with your interests at heart. We have over 200 lawyers who work on a no win no fee basis. This means you have nothing to worry about whether you win or lose your case.
- Claimants have the opportunity to discuss their situation confidentially, and if a claimant decides not to proceed then they are under no obligation.
- There is also a helpline that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week that clients can call free of charge.
- We have UK consumer champion and TV personality Esther Rantzen as our patron.
If you have experienced a brain injury in a car accident, the person who caused the accident has a responsibility towards you to compensate you for your losses.
Can I claim compensation for a brain injury in a car accident?
If you have been injured in an accident that was someone else’s fault and happened within the last three years, you may be entitled to compensation. In addition to the compensation for your pain and suffering, there will be an element of compensation to cover you for:
- Any lost wages if you missed work after sustaining your injury; and
- Any other out-of-pocket expenses that you incurred as a result.
The unique 30-second online test on the Accident Advice Helpline website can be used to find out whether you are eligible to make a compensation claim following an accident. Most brain injury in a car accident compensation claims can be dealt with by telephone and you will not usually need to attend court. You may need to attend a medical assessment to determine the nature and severity of your injury.
Call us today on 0800 689 0500 to make a claim for compensation.
Date Published: 3rd July 2013