How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injured in a Bolsover car accident

    How to deal with burns after a Bolsover car accident

    Most people think of broken bones when they think about the injuries that can be sustained in a Bolsover car accident, but one of the most dangerous types of injury you can sustain is a burn or burns. After the impact in a Bolsover car accident, it is possible that the car you are in could set on fire.

    This is why it is important to get out of the car as soon as you can if possible so that you are not at risk of being involved in a fire. If you are not able to escape the car in time and are burned, there are certain ways you need to treat the burn there and then, in order to be as safe as possible. Burns are very serious, particularly the types of burns you can sustain in a Bolsover car accident, so you need to know what to do right away.

    What to do yourself

    • Remove clothing. You need to let a burn breathe as soon as possible so that it does not get any worse or continue to burn even once it is away from the source of heat. If clothing is stuck to any burned areas, though, you should not try to remove it and wait for medical attention instead.
    • Run cool water over it. Only do this if you are dealing with first or second-degree burns. A third-degree burn (where the burn goes right through to the muscles and ligaments) should not be treated at all until a doctor can look at you. Do not apply ice as this will not help in the way that it would with other injuries, but actually make the problem worse.

    When to call an ambulance

    • If the burn is large. If a burn is covering a large area of your body it needs to be seen in a hospital.
    • If the burn looks deep or infected. A second or third-degree burn needs urgent medical attention, as does any burn which has dirt or grit in it or looks infected.

    If you had a serious accident and feel that it was the fault of someone else, you may be able to make a claim for compensation against the person who was at fault. The best way to make a claim is with an experienced personal injury lawyer, who will be able to work with you on a 100% no-win, no-fee basis to get you the compensation you deserve and is also more likely to put together a strong case which has a good chance of being successful.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone to speak to the team about your Bolsover car accident and make a start on your claim.

    Date Published: 11th June 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.