Blackwood injury at work compensation


Keep your job during a long period of absence, and how to claim injury at work compensation

Whatever the reason for your extended absence from work, it must be assumed that if you are taking a lot of time off from work that this is because you have to, rather than it being your choice. This means that there is generally very little your employer can do when it comes to making you come back to work faster, or firing you because you are not there.

If you are ill or injured then your employer needs to keep you on the payroll for a certain amount of time, but after this point they will be looking to replace you with someone else. Here are some ways in which you can keep your job, even if you do need to be off for a long time.

  • Keep your employer informed. If you have already told your employer about taking a certain amount of time off, and this time has to be extended, let them know as soon as you do. This will allow your employer to find cover for you straight away and make them more likely to be comfortable working with you further.
  • Be flexible. If there is any way you can stay on in a certain capacity, such as working from home or working reduced hours, you should be able to keep your job and help your employer to keep your job open for a little longer.
  • Get back as soon as you can. Once you are fully recovered, get back to work as soon as you can, so that your employer knows that you are happy to work and dedicated to your job. Make sure that your employer knows how you are really feeling, so that that don’t expect too much from you, but they should respect your will to get back to work.
  • Have evidence of your illness or injuries. Make sure that you have up to date doctors certificates throughout your absence from work, and send copies to your employer as you get them.

Making Blackwood injury at work compensation claims

Making Blackwood injury at work compensation claims can help you to stay afloat financially if you do lose your job due to an injury caused by your employer. A Blackwood, injury at work compensation claim can also help you to get a sort of closure about what has happened to you, and the injuries you have suffered.

You should call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to find out more about making an accident at work compensation claim, and see if you can be teamed with an experienced personal injury lawyer who will work on your claim with you to ensure that it is successful.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )