If you may want to make Blackwood accident claims because of a cycling accident that was not your own fault, contact Accident Advice Helpline to help you.
We are here to help you through the process of making Blackwood accident claims, quickly, efficiently and with no stress for you whatsoever. Our 14 years’ experience of specialising in personal injury claims has given us the knowledge and expertise to achieve this, getting the best compensation deal for your circumstances.
Cycling accidents and Blackwood accident claims
Cycling accidents happen for many different reasons, and many of them do not involve another vehicle. They can be caused by potholes and bad road surfaces, as well as accidents with cars, lorries, buses and coaches.
The injuries sustained by cyclists
Because of the lack of protection when riding a cycle, the injuries sustained by cyclists are often serious, and can include:
- Head and brain injuries. 80% of cyclists who were killed in accidents had some form of head or brain injury. Wearing a good quality helmet will give some protection, but still many cyclists suffer from this type of injury.
- Facial injuries. These are very easily sustained by cyclists as they fall to the ground as they come off their cycle.
- Fractures. Breaks and cracks to bones often are caused by a sudden impact or awkward twist to the bones, something that can happen quite easily in a cycle accident.
- Road rash. This can be an extremely painful injury that usually occurs when you slide along the road and damage the skin and flesh.
- Chest and stomach injuries. These are not very common in cycling accidents, but when they do happen they tend to be serious.
- Damage to or loss of limbs. A large portion of cyclists suffer damage to their arms and legs when they are involved in an accident.
- Trauma. Having an accident is traumatic enough, but the after-effects can cause depression and anxiety, and sometimes the victims suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder.
Call the police
For any road traffic accident where injuries occur, the police should be called. They will make sure the accident does not cause an obstruction to other road users and will compile an accident report. This report often apportions blame, and can be very useful when you are making a personal injury compensation claim.Open Claim Calculator
Call Accident Advice Helpline
Victims sometimes find that more aches and pains develop in the few days after an accident, and this is particularly the case if they have sustained a whiplash injury.
If their injuries were caused by someone else, making Blackwood accident claims should be the next step, as they need to make sure the claim is started within three years of the accident taking place. It does appear that claims made sooner rather than later after an accident have more chance of success. It can only be assumed that this is because the events are so much fresher and clearer than they are three years later, so the evidence is more readily accepted.
You can contact us via our online options or on our freephone helpline, 0800 689 0500 from a landline or dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Whichever way you decide, do not delay, start your personal injury claim today.