Suffering an injury while you are at work may mean that you can make Blackpool claims for compensation, and by using Accident Advice Helpline to help you, the whole process will be easier, less stress free and have a greater chance of success.
Your boss has a legal duty to make sure that while you are at work you are safe and if they do not do this and you are injured an accident, then they are running the risk of you making Blackpool claims for compensation against them.
Health and safety measures to help avoid Blackpool claims for compensation
Some of the health and safety information provided is in the form of guidelines to help your employer, but some of the rules are legal requirements, which if they do not comply with they can be prosecuted. They are all available on the HSE website, just a sample of them being:
- Making sure you have enough room to work in without excessive twisting and turning
- Make sure you take proper breaks
- Ensure all equipment is in proper working order with all safety devices fitted
- Train the staff to operate equipment
- Provide protective clothing, free of charge
- Have regular fire drills
- Have a health and safety policy that all staff are aware of, and make sure they use it
- Have procedures in place in case of an emergency situation
- Keep a record of all accidents, no matter how minor
- Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Carry out risk assessments and act on their findings
Employers liability insurance is another legal requirement for most employers, but there are a few exceptions to this rule, government departments and agencies being the main one.
Staff need to be sensible as well
An employer can be as compliant as possible, but if staff members to not also do their bit towards health and safety they are putting themselves and others in danger. They should always follow the health and safety policy of their employer, and wear any protective clothing they are provided with. They should not use machinery they have not been trained for, and refuse to use it if it is not in proper working order.
Help from the specialists
Accident Advice Helpline are specialists in personal injury compensation claims, no matter what the cause.
We have a wealth of expertise gained during our many years in aiding victims who have been injured through no fault of their own.
You can contact our free helpline on 0800 689 0500 and speak to one of our friendly professional advisors, to put your claim in motion, or you can complete the 30-second test on our website for a rough idea of the amount you may be awarded if your decide to make Blackpool claims for compensation.
We operate on a No Win No Fee basis, so you have no need to worry about the costs.We will not ask you to pay any money for your claim to be started, and we will not ask you for any money if your claim is lost.
Date Published: 17th June 2014