If you sustain an injury in an accident at work that happened through no fault of your own, you may be entitled to make a Blackpool accident at work claim against your employers, using the assistance of Accident Advice Helpline.
All British bosses have a legal duty to make sure that they protect the health and safety of their employees while they are at work. There are general and specific rules and regulations regarding health and safety, depending on what trade and profession you are in.
These rules are decided on and monitored by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and they check on all employers to make sure that they are implementing them.
The results of employers not following the rules
If your boss does not follow the health and safety rules and regulations, then they could face prosecution by HSE, and they may have to face a Blackpool accident at work claim as well if a member of staff is injured in an accident at work.
All of the rules are readily available on the HSE website, but just a sample of them are:Open Claim Calculator
- Provide free of charge any protective clothing or equipment that is needed for staff to do their job safely
- Keep a record of all accidents in an accident book
- Report serious accidents to the HSE
- Carry out risk assessments and act on their findings
- Put procedures in place, and make sure all employees know what they are, in case of an emergency such as a fire
- Carry out regular fire drills
- Ensure staff have enough space to work comfortably without having to constantly twist or squeeze in areas to do your job
- Ensure that all plant and equipment is in proper working order and that any safety devices needed are fitted
- Train staff to use the plant and equipment and make sure they are aware of any risks
- Keep walkways free of spillages and obstructions
- Make sure staff have proper breaks, a rested employee is far less likely to have an accident
Making a personal injury claim is an option all employees should consider, if they are injured in an accident at work that was not their fault.
Making a Blackpool accident at work claim with Accident Advice Helpline
If you need to make a worked related injury claim, contact Accident Advice Helpline, the law firm that specialises in personal injury claim of all types. For over 14 years we have been helping workers, and other victims, get the compensation they were entitled to and we have assisted many thousands of claimants with their personal injury claims, making the process fast, easy and efficient for them.
Call our helpline on, 0800 689 0500, and speak to one of our friendly advisors.They are professional who will guide you through the processes and make the whole experience a lot less stressful for you.