Bike couriers are used by many different people and companies that need something delivered in a hurry. However, this makes for dangerous work, as riding a motorbike can be hazardous at the best of times. If you have ob elf the many bike accidents in Buckley or anywhere else in the UK, that wasn’t your fault, you have the right to make a ‘no win, no fee’ compensation claim to see what our team of in house solicitors might be able to do for you.
Common accidents and injuries suffered by bike accidents in Buckley
Many of the dangers faced by bike messengers are the same as other road users and people in public places. However, they still entitle you to make a ‘no win, no fee’ compensation claim in the accident wasn’t your fault. These accidents and injuries could be:
- Road Traffic Collisions. As everyone who uses the road knows, driving can be dangerous. Whether it is a collision with another vehicle, or another vehicle cause you to fall off your bike or hit something else, the injuries can be severe. From broken bones to brain and spinal trauma, any could be life changing and seriously affect the rest of your life.
- Manual Handling. Lifting heavy objects can cause serious strain injuries to the back, shoulders, arms or legs, and anyone who must do this type of work must be trained how to do it correctly. Any of these can make working and everyday activities difficult and painful.
- Road Surfaces. If the road you must travel down is dangerous, either because it is poorly maintained or has been damaged, containing potholes and other such hazards, it can cause you to lose control or your bike. This could cause the same injuries as in a traffic collision, which can be serious indeed.
- Equipment Failure. If you bike has not been properly maintained, then a fault in its mechanics could cause the bike to fail. If this were to occur on a busy road or in heavy traffic, the injuries could be severe.
- Slips, Trips, and Falls. This could happen in your place of work or wherever you are delivering to. If hazards, such as spillages, have not been marked or cleaned up, someone, especially someone unfamiliar with the environment, could easily fall. With hazards such as hard floors and table corners, the hard landing could cause anything from bruises to broken bones.
However and wherever you were injured, it is your employer’s duty to ensure your safety. If an accident has happened and it wasn’t your fault, your employer may be to blame and you can make a ‘no win, no fee’ compensation claim today.
How a compensation claim can help for bike accidents in Buckley
By making a ‘no win, no fee’ compensation claim, our solicitors can not only work to get you the compensation you deserve, but try to make people more safety aware. All you need to do is contact our Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone and take our 30 second test to find out more.
Date Published: 3rd December 2014
Author: David Brown