There are lots of reasons why you could be involved in a road traffic accident that was not your fault. If you have had a bike accident in Pontyclun you may want to claim compensation if you were not at fault and you suffered injuries as a result of the incident. The best way to go about making a personal injury claim for a bike accident in Pontyclun is to contact Accident Advice Helpline.
The law in the UK says that if you have been injured in an accident and you were the innocent victim, then the person responsible for your accident should pay you compensation for all of the pain and suffering they have put you through. If you were not to blame for your bike accident in Pontyclun why not make a claim with the help of Accident Advice Helpline?
How to reduce the risks of injury
If you are a bike rider then you are very vulnerable on the roads. Here are some examples of how you can try to reduce the risks accidents, and of a serious injury if you are in one:
- A well-fitting, good quality safety helmet is important. These do not give as much protection as a motorbike helmet, but are better than nothing to try and protect your head.
- Knee and elbow protectors will help with these particular joints.
- Wear good, sturdy cycling shoes to try to prevent broken bones in your feet.
- Wear bright clothing, preferably high visibility so that other road users are more aware of you.
- Do not ride next to another rider, making it difficult for vehicles to overtake you.
- If you are passing parked cars, leave enough room for the door to be opened without smashing into you.
If you follow these suggestions, then it may not stop the accident from happening, but it could reduce the high risk of injuries to yourself, and the need to use the solicitors at Accident Advice Helpline.
Accident Advice Helpline can help you
Accident Advice Helpline have been helping cyclists for over 16 years. We have handled many cases of personal injury compensation for cycle riders, as well as for accidents of any other type you can think of. We cover the UK and work under our 100% no-win, no-fee* policy.
Our advisors are friendly, professional and have compassion, they will understand what you are going through and will help you all they can. You can contact us on 0800 689 0500 from a UK landline, or you can call us from a mobile phone on 0333 500 0993. Get your injury claim underway for a bike accident in Pontyclun.