Bicycle incidents and compensation claims
There is no doubt that bicycles can be an extremely environmentally friendly and convenient way to travel. You do not get stuck in endless traffic queues. You do not have the hassle of finding a parking place. However, there is a down side to bicycling as well and that is bicycle incidents. Accident Advice Helpline is a specialist law firm and we deal with bicycle accidents every day of the year. People ring us because they have been injured in bicycle accidents that were not their fault. Some useful information on bicycle incidents is given below.
How bicycle incidents happen
The bicycle accidents that get reported to Accident Advice Helpline generally fall into one of the following categories:
- Collisions between bicycles and cars
- Collisions between bicycles and heavy goods vehicles
- Collisions between bicycles and other motorised vehicles
- Collisions between bicycles and other bicycles
- Collisions between bicycles and pedestrians
Finding out how to claim for bicycle accidents
Accident Advice Helpline has a unique 30-second test which is very useful for bicycle incidents. You can tell one of our highly trained advisers the details of the accident and of your injuries and they will be able to give you an indication of whether or not your case may succeed. You can then make the decision about going ahead with the claim if you want to.
Injuries caused by bicycle accidents
Most bicycle incidents occur in built-up areas where there is a lot of traffic. Bicycle accidents can involve head injuries and crushing injuries, particularly if HGVs are involved. Accident Advice Helpline can connect you with one of our personal injury lawyers who is an expert in bicycle accidents. You do not have to pay up-front because we handle every single claim under the no-win, no-fee* agreement.
Information on bicycle accidents
You have to do very little to progress your claim as your personal injury lawyer will do it for you and keep in contact with you by telephone. Very few cases appear in court. However, you will have to provide some information about the how the accident happened and about your injuries. Personal injury lawyers often ask for the following information about bicycle accidents:Open Claim Calculator
- The position of the bicycle and other road users at the time of the accident
- The manoeuvres that vehicles were trying to make e.g. pulling out into a stream of traffic, turning right, turning left, turning a T- junction, over-taking
- Protective clothes worn by the cyclist e.g. a helmet
- Details of the injuries suffered
- Details of emergency services that attended the scene
- Witness accounts of what happened
- Road and weather condition at the time
- Details of injuries suffered
Completing claims for bicycle accidents
At the end of the claims process, you will be informed of how much compensation you have been awarded. It will be for the injury itself and for any money that you have lost as a result of the injuries.
To connect with the claim experts at Accident Advice Helpline today, dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile phone. We can give you free initial advice about your claim.