You’re in the right place if you’re looking for the best legal advice throughout Scotland. If you have been in an accident that was not your fault, sustained bodily injuries in the accident, needed medical attention for the injuries and the accident happened with the last three years, then our injury lawyers throughout Scotland would be happy to assist you in making a personal injury compensation claim. Almost any type of accident you can imagine could result in a personal injury claim, just some of which are:
- Road traffic accidents;
- Accidents caused by defective products;
- Work-related accidents;
- Criminal injuries;
- Industrial illness and diseases caused by your employment;
- Holiday accidents;
- Medical negligence;
- Food poisoning; and
- Slipping, tripping or falling.
These, or any other types of accidents in which you were an innocent victim, could mean that you are entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim. Read on for the best legal advice throughout Scotland.
The best legal advice throughout Scotland
The injuries for which you could claim include:
- Internal injuries;
- Burns or scalds;
- Head or brain injuries;
- Soft tissue injuries;
- Loss of limbs;
- Facial injuries;
- Eye injuries;
- Back or spinal injuries;
- Road rash; and
- Biker’s arm.
Any injury sustained in an accident that was not your fault could be the subject of a personal injury claim, and our injury lawyers throughout Scotland are experienced in dealing with them all.
Settlement of the claim
Who settles the claim depends on what type of accident you have had, but most of them are dealt with by some large organisation, very often an insurance company. Some examples are:Open Claim Calculator
- Motor insurance. The other driver’s insurance company would settle your claim. If they should be driving illegally and are uninsured, your claim would be referred to the Motor Insurers Bureau, who settle claims for uninsured and untraced drivers.
- Employers’ liability insurance would settle the claim if the accident was work-related.
- Professional indemnity insurance would cover the medical profession if you made a personal injury claim for clinical negligence.
- The Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA) deal with criminal injuries. They are a government-run body dealing with claims resulting from violent crimes.
- Slipping, tripping or falling in a public place would generally be covered by public liability insurance.
Getting help with your personal injury compensation claim
At Accident Advice Helpline, we have over 15 years’ experience dealing with all types of personal injury claims against all sorts of organisations. We have the experience you need on your side when making a claim, and we will ensure that it reaches its full potential.
You can complete our 30-second test online to find out if you are eligible, and to get an estimate of the amount you may be awarded. Alternatively, if you prefer, you can phone our freephone number on 0800 180 4123 to speak to one of our friendly advisors. They will give you free legal advice about making a personal injury claim, and then with no pressure will let you decide if you wish to continue.