Injured in a road traffic accident? You need the best legal advice in St Clement
Road traffic accidents are one of the most common type of accidents that occur everyday, causing countless injuries and fatalities. Road traffic accidents can change the lives of everyone involved: the drivers, passengers and any pedestrians who are involved in a collision. If you have been injured through a road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault within the last three years, then you have the legal right to claim personal injury compensation. Get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline today if you need the best legal advice in St Clement.
At the scene of a road traffic accident
It is important that the following measures are taken at the scene of a road traffic accident. Whilst some of the measures are obligatory by law, others are common sense and could save lives:
- Call the emergency services and notify them of the location of the accident and the number of casualties at the scene
- Make the scene safe by turning off engines and switching on hazard warning lights
- Ask a bystander to direct the traffic, if it safe for them to do so, to avoid the possibility of further accidents
- Reassure any casualties and perform first aid, but only if you know how, otherwise you could do more harm than good
- Exchange your contact details, details of your vehicle and insurer with the other parties involved in the accident
- Stay at the scene until the emergency services arrive
- Encourage any witnesses to remain at the scene to notify the emergency services of how the accident may have occurred
- Take photographs of the scene on your mobile phone and make notes of the weather, road conditions and final positions of any vehicles involved
Getting the best legal advice in St Clement
If you would like to find out more about making a personal injury compensation claim call Accident Advice Helpline. We have over 15 years’ experience of helping people to claim their legal right to compensation following accidents that weren’t their fault within three years of the accident occurring. When you ring us you can be confident that you are getting the best legal advice in St Clement.
To find out if you are eligible to make a claim call our telephone advice helpline on: 0800 689 055. Or from a mobile dial: 0333 500 0993. You can also take our unique 30-second test, which will notify you immediately of your eligibility to make a claim and give you an estimate of the amount you could be awarded if successful.
Our injury lawyers will act on your behalf on a 100% no-win, no-fee basis, so you can start your claim in the knowledge that your road traffic accident claim is in the safe, expert hands of injury lawyers. Get the best legal advice in St Clement by ringing us today.
Date Published: 6th November 2013
Author: David Brown