Are you looking for the best lawyer in Kircudbright to help you make a claim for compensation? If so, Accident Advice Helpline has all the experience and expertise you need, with over 16 years of helping people to make successful claims.
Working with the best lawyer in Kircudbright
Are you searching for the best lawyer in Kircudbright after an accident at work? Employers need to ensure that their employees are working in a safe environment, as they have a legal duty and responsibility to protect the health and safety of their staff. They need to take a number of precautions, such as:
- Making sure that employees take proper breaks, as tired employees become a danger to themselves and other people;
- Having a health and safety policy and making sure that staff comply;
- Having procedures in place in case of an emergency;
- Providing free of charge any protective clothing or equipment that staff need to do their job safely, and make sure that they wear them;
- Carrying out risk assessments and acting upon their findings;
- Ensuring that employees have enough space in which to work comfortably without having to constantly twist and turn;
- Making sure that all equipment and machinery in use is in good working order and that any required safety guards are fitted and work correctly;
- Training staff properly to use any plant and equipment;
- Keeping all walkways free from spillages and obstructions;
- Keeping a record of all accidents in an accident book, no matter how minor;
- Reporting serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE); and
- Having regular fire drills.
If employers do not adhere to the health and safety rules, they may have to face injury claims from the best lawyer in Kircudbright on behalf of their employees.
Employers’ liability insurance
Employers’ liability insurers usually have to be dealt with when a claim is made against an employer. With a few exceptions, employers have to have at least £5 million worth of cover on their policy, although most insurance companies offer £10 million cover.
Each year at renewal, the insurance company provides a certificate of employers’ liability insurance, which the employer should really put on display for all employers to see. If they do not, employees can ask to see the certificate at any time and the employer has to show it to them.Open Claim Calculator
We will deal with the insurers for you
Dealing with insurance companies is not always straightforward. Their forms are complex and they delight in asking awkward questions. The best lawyer in Kircudbright will be used to dealing with them and will ensure that they handle your injury claim with speed and efficiency. We work in partnership with a network of the best, most experienced injury lawyers across Scotland who will fight to get you the best outcome.
Accident Advice Helpline has been dealing with personal injury compensation claims for over 16 years, and since 2003 Dame Esther Rantzen has been our patron. Esther recommends our services because she knows that we will deliver what we promise, and that is the highest quality customer service possible.
We also operate a no-win, no-fee* agreement so that you do not have to find any money to start your claim, or if your claim is lost.
You can also complete our 30-second test online, which will give you some guidance as to the amount of compensation you may be awarded. Alternatively, you could phone our helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 and speak to one of our friendly advisors.