Brendon is a village situated in the county of Devon, England. Brendon lies within the Exmoor National Park, where you can book a holiday package to view the natural beauty from self-catering accommodation, a campsite, or a bed and breakfast facility. From here you can see the open moorland, watch the deer, birds or explore the hidden river sources. Brendon is home to Exmoor Folk Festival during which dancing, folk and craft workshops, and music concerts are held.
Whiplash is a very common injury that happens quite often. But as Esther Rantzen informs us, many people who get injured through no fault of their own do not claim the compensation to which they are legally entitled. It is your legal right to claim compensation if someone else was to blame for your injury. If you fall and sustain whiplash, the best thing to do is get in touch with the best lawyer in Brendon.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline
The first place to call in order to seek legal help is Accident Advice Helpline on our freephone numbers: 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Accident Advice Helpline are a national organisation who handle personal injury compensation claims for victims throughout the United Kingdom.
If you sustained whiplash in an accident which was not your fault, and you can prove that someone else was responsible for your injury, then you need a lawyer in Brendon from Accident Advice Helpline to help you to pursue your claim.
Filing a lawsuit may seem like a hassle to many victims, but a lawyer in Brendon will take up the matter and ensure that you get the compensation you deserve. They will take the burden off your shoulders on a no win no fee basis.Open Claim Calculator
Personal injuries for which the best lawyer in Brendon can claim compensation
Whiplash symptoms vary greatly from minor to severe injuries. Minor injuries take a few weeks to heal, while chronic whiplash can take long to heal. Accident Advice Helpline’s in-house lawyers ensure that your claim is processed quickly and efficiently so that you get what you are entitled to.
You will need to provide medical records, receipts and police reports to prove your case. You may claim general damages and special damages, but your lawyer in Brendon will advise you if you suffer from the following ailments:
- Pins and needles in the arms are at times reported.
- Headaches and blurred vision may be experienced.
- Pain and inflammation: pain and aching of the neck, upper spine and shoulders is commonly reported in whiplash injuries. These may be treated with painkillers and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. When severe pain is experienced, steroid injections can help.
- Stiffness: you may have stiffness in your neck. Mobilisation, manipulation and repetitive exercises are mostly used to treat whiplash. A cervical collar can be used in the short-term, while muscle relaxants may also be prescribed. Heat application helps to relieve tension of the muscles.
- Range of motion decreases: mobilisation and range of motion of the neck is minimised. Exercises may be utilised in treating whiplash. Physiotherapy, acupuncture, heat treatment and massage therapy are commonly used.
- Spinal cord injury: whiplash may cause damage and injury to the upper back. This is a long-term injury and rehabilitation might be the only option. The patient will require hospitalisation and therapy.