Carbon monoxide is a completely indiscriminate killer. It strikes the young, the elderly, the fit and the frail. It can affect you whilst you are at work, on holiday (whether here in the United Kingdom or in some far flung destination) and it can affect you at home.
One of the things that our injury solicitors in St. Albans have heard their clients say numerous times when it comes to carbon monoxide poisoning is that they believed it only affected run down student accommodations, or bed sits.
While it is undoubtedly true that you might be exposed to carbon monoxide leaks, and therefore carbon monoxide poisoning, in these sorts of environments, it is in no way accurate to suggest that these are the only living accommodations in which carbon monoxide might exist.
Carbon monoxide is capable of being produced anywhere. Anywhere, that is, where there are gas appliances which are, for whatever reason, not functioning properly. Our injury solicitors in St. Albans appreciate that it is in rundown areas that there may be at an increased risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. If you are living in student accommodation that is not being properly maintained by your landlord, it is probably logical to suppose that they will not be arranging for the gas appliances to be checked for safety on an annual basis. As a result faults may go undetected until it is too late.
However, well maintained properties are just as much at risk of exposure to carbon monoxide build up, so it is imperative that nobody assumes they are immune because of the area they live in, or the type of property they own.
The best injury solicitors in St Albans know that all it takes is for a faulty appliance to be installed in your property, or for a perfectly suitable appliance which is in working order, to be installed incorrectly. A couple of simple mistakes could mean that you are exposed to carbon monoxide which, unfortunately, could prove to be fatal.
The best injury solicitors in St Albans
If you have been affected by carbon monoxide poisoning, whether at home, work or whilst on holiday then contact our team of the best injury solicitors in St Albans to find out if they can help you make a claim for financial compensation.
Here at Accident Advice Helpline our injury solicitors in St. Albans have been working with us since 2000 to help people just like you make claims against the people responsible for their accidents. These accidents include exposure to carbon monoxide.
If you have been exposed to carbon monoxide and have experienced carbon monoxide poisoning as a result, then you will be entitled to make a claim if the exposure was not your fault. This could be because of a manufacturing or installation problem. It might be because there is a fault caused by age and disrepair, and your landlord has failed to ensure that the gas appliances in the property you are renting are suitably maintained.
Take our 30 second test to find out how much you could claim.
Date Published: 26th January 2014
Author: David Brown