How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Best injury solicitors in Kirkcaldy

    If you are a local resident, you may be looking for the best injury solicitors in Kirkcaldy because you have been injured in an accident which you can prove was not your fault. You generally have three years in which to file a personal injury compensation claim, although you may only have two years in which to do so, depending where it took place.

    The best injury solicitors in Kirkcaldy

    It is also possible that you are seeking the best injury solicitors in Kirkcaldy (or ones based anywhere else in the British Isles) because you have been diagnosed with an illness which you can prove was the result of another person’s negligence. This concept may be a little puzzling, but for example if you have been diagnosed with a work-related illness or an occupational disease, you and your injury solicitors in Kirkcaldy (for example) may be able to prove that your employer’s negligence caused it. You have three years in which to make a compensation claim for such an illness.

    Work-related illnesses

    You may work assembling small components all day, and you may have been unlucky enough to have been diagnosed with repetitive strain injury (RSI). You could also have this if you work with a PC and your workstation has not been adjusted to suit your height. If you make any repetitive moves while working, you may apart from having RSI be diagnosed with work-related upper limb disorder (WRULD). You could get this if your job entails pulling or pushing cages around, perhaps in a bakery for example.

    While you are at work, your employer has a duty to protect your health and safety. If you contract a work-related illness, then your employer may be at fault. You should be trained to do your job so that you are doing it in a way that minimises the risk of injury or strain. You should be given the appropriate protective wear to do the job safely and breathing apparatus if you are working in a dusty environment, for example.

    If you work with high-powered drills, then you should have protective gloves to prevent you from getting vibration white finger (VWF) and have ear defenders to help protect your hearing. Failure to supply you with adequate protective gear would leave your employer open to personal injury compensation claims.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you believe that you have any type of personal injury compensation claim to make, contact us at Accident Advice Helpline for expert legal advice and help. You can call us at any time, night or day, any day of the year on one of our freephone numbers: call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Why not call us now for help to file your potential claim?

    Date Published: 4th January 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.