How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Best injury law firm in Kingston upon Thames

    You could have an accident and break some bones quite easily, as broken bones are one of the most common injures from accidents, many of which are caused by the person to whom they belong. Maybe your accident was a car crash or a work accident, but if you did not cause it yourself you are entitled to claim compensation from the person who did.

    However and whichever of your bones were broken, if the accident which caused your injury was someone else’s fault and happened within the last three years, you probably want the best injury law firm in Kingston upon Thames to make a personal injury claim.

    The different types of fractures that may cause you to need the best injury law firm in Kingston upon Thames

    It is a common misconception that there is a difference between a fracture and a break, as the medical profession refer to breaks, cracks and crushes of bones all as fractures. There are lots of different types of fractures, but some of the more common ones are:

    • Complete fracture – a clean break in two;
    • Compound fracture – the broken bone breaks the skin;
    • Greenstick fracture – only one side of the bone is broken;
    • Spiral fracture – a spiralling break;
    • Comminuted fracture – a shattered bone;
    • Simple fracture – usually several breaks, but no broken skin; and
    • Bowing fracture – a bend in the bone, rather than a break.

    If your fractured bone is any of these, and the accident or incident in which you sustained it happened through no fault of your own, then you may wish to use solicitors in Kingston upon Thames in order to help you to make a personal injury compensation claim.

    The treatment of fractures

    The treatments of fractures are fairly straightforwards. Although it does depend on how bad you break is, some of the main treatments are:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Painkillers;
    • Support bandages;
    • Plaster cast;
    • Crutches;
    • Slings;
    • Surgery if the breaks are really severe; and
    • Ice packs to reduce the swelling.

    Generally broken bones will heal in a few weeks, but the healing process does vary depending on the age of the victim. A child’s bones will heal much quicker than those of an elderly person, for instance. The young and old are both susceptible to broken bones — the child because their bones are soft and the elderly because theirs are brittle.

    How to make an injury claim for broken bones

    Claiming compensation for broken bones is exactly the same as claiming compensation for any other injury sustained in an accident that was not your fault. It is a legal process  for which you should hire a law firm to handle.

    Accident Advice Helpline are a law firm established over 15 years ago specifically to help faultless victims of accidents claim the compensation to which they are legally entitled. We specialise in this arm of the law and do not get involved in any other type of legal work. As specialists, we have the knowledge and expertise to ensure that your claim has the best chance of success.

    To make your claim, all you need do is call our helpline on 0800 180 4123.

    Date Published: 16th April 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.