How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Basingstoke and Deane accident at work

    When you go to work, your employer should guarantee your safety from the moment you enter their premises. If they fail to do so, and you suffer a Basingstoke and Deane accident at work, there are certain actions you and your employer must take under health and safety legislation.

    Actions to take following a Basingstoke and Deane accident at work

    The immediate and remedial actions you must take after an accident at work include:

    • Calling for assistance
    • Seeking medical attention
    • Making the area temporarily safe so that others are not exposed to the same hazards

    According to the nature of the accident and/or its consequences, there are certain secondary actions you must take to create a record of the accident. They include:

    • Taking photographs of the accident scene
    • Taking photographs of the injuries sustained
    • Taking the contact details of any eyewitnesses to the accident
    • Creating a brief written record of the accident in an accident book

    You should complete an accident book report at the earliest opportunity following your Basingstoke and Deane accident at work. Once you are happy with your report, you should sign and date it and keep a copy for your own use. Your accident lawyer may need to use this report if you wish to make a subsequent compensation claim.

    Reporting your accident

    Under the Reporting Injuries Diseases Dangerous Occurrence Regulations (RIDDOR), your employer is legally required to report certain types of accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). Examples of reportable accidents include those that result in serious injuries, such as broken bones, amputations, and head injuries that cause you to lose consciousness. If in doubt, you should contact your employer to discuss their need to report your accident.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Claiming for your accident

    If you wish to make a claim for your Basingstoke and Deane accident at work, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline and let our experienced team will look into your accident. We can advise you on a wide range of work injury claims, and we offer initial assessments free of charge and without obligation. To get in touch with us, simply call our Freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, or use our 30-second test, and if you have a valid case, we will help you to secure the compensation you deserve.

    Date Published: 16th September 2014

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.