Travelling abroad is exciting, but can also be dangerous. If you sustained an injury in an accident while vacationing, Accident Advice Helpline can help you to make Barry claims for personal injury compensation.
Safety tips for new countries
Going to a new country for a holiday, especially one which has radically different customs and ways of living than what you are used to, can be quite dangerous. However, it is more than worthwhile making the effort to get out to new countries, in order to explore, educate yourself about the rest of the world and simply have a good time.
Holidays in new and exciting countries are one of the greatest joys in life, so don’t let fear hold you back. What you should do, though, is make sure that you stay safe by following these simple tips.
- Know what to wear. Certain countries are more conservative than others, meaning you should be more covered up, whilst the weather is also a concern for safety. Make sure that the clothing you pack is appropriate for the country that you are travelling to.
- Learn the customs. Don’t risk seriously offending someone by just hoping for the best, make a real effort to find out the customs of the country you are staying in so that you can follow them.
- Know who your point of contact is. Find someone, either running your holiday or working in the hotel, who speaks good English and can provide you with the information you need about the trips you are taking, restaurants you are going to and so on. This will help you to avoid accidentally stumbling into a dangerous situation.
- Stick to the tourist areas after dark. Make sure not to go off exploring on your own after dark, and avoid back roads and quiet areas even if you are in a group.
- Don’t look like a tourist. Walking around with a map and your money hanging around your neck points you out as an obvious victim. Try to steer clear of looking like a tourist.
How to make Barry claims for something which happened on holiday
It can be difficult to make Barry claims for compensation for an accident or injury sustained on holiday whilst you are still away.
However, it is worthwhile trying to make a start on your claim whilst you are still in the country where the accident happened, as this makes it easier to gather evidence.Open Claim Calculator
Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile as soon as you can after your accident, so the team can tell you more about the Barry claims process, and make a start on your claim in a timely manner.
If you decide to proceed with a claim, we will work on a 100% no-win, no-fee* basis to get you the compensation you deserve.