We regularly help people make Babergh accident claims
Barbergh accident claims for food poisoning are not unusual, people often eat out or have takeaways and end up ill because of contaminated food. It does happen less often than it used to, as food outlets are much more aware of the precautions they should take. As well as protecting their customers, want to protect their reputation as well.
It is not good for business when it becomes known that customers have made claims because of the food they have eaten. Restaurants have been known to take matters in to their own hands and close until the source of infection has been traced.
Responsible owners take precautions
Responsible owners will take all necessary precautions to avoid food poisoning, as at its best it will make you ill for a couple of days. At its worst it can damage your central nervous system and even cause death. Just some of the precautions they will take are:
- Cooked food should not be left at warm temperatures for too long
- Food that is past its use-by date should not be used
- Food should not be handled by someone who is ill or got dirty hands
- Cross contamination of foods where bacteria can be spread such as work surfaces and equipment should be avoided
- Food has been cooked properly
- Food that should be chilled is stored at temperatures under five degrees
- Thawed frozen food that has not been used should be discarded
- Fresh foods that are served raw should be properly cleaned
Accident Advice Helpline help the vulnerable too
There are some people that are much susceptible to infections – victims with low immune systems, such as:
- HIV sufferers
- Cancer sufferers
- The very young
- The elderly
It is really important that these groups of victims do not contract food poisoning as it is far more likely to be difficult for them to recover and they are more likely to have long term effects from it.
Making claims for food poisoning
Accident Advice Helpline will assist you in making your food poisoning claim. Over the last 15 years’ we have helped many thousands of claimants, where the problem was not their fault, including many for food poisoning.
We have an online 30-second test you can complete, or you can phone our free helpline on 0800 689 0500, and speak to one of our friendly advisors who will help you start your food poisoning claim.
It is not just food poisoning you can use our no-win, no-fee services for any injuries from any type of accident could mean you are entitled to compensation, if it was the fault of someone else, so contact us today.
Date Published: 13th June 2014