No one wants to claim awards in personal injury claims, but if you’re reading this then it’s likely that you’ve been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault. It can be an upsetting and stressful time for you and your family, but you are entitled to claim compensation.
A guide to seeking awards in personal injury claims
Do you have a claim?
In order to claim, you’ll have to demonstrate that:
- The accident was not your fault;
- It happened within the last three years; and
- It has caused a loss or injuries for which you’re seeking damages.
If you’re unsure if you have grounds to claim, take Accident Advice Helpline’s 30-second test online. It’s a quick and easy way to see if you are entitled to compensation. We’ll then contact you to discuss your case further. But don’t worry, you’re under no obligation to go ahead, and anything you tell us will go no further.
Making a claim
We aim to settle all claims as quickly and easily as possible. Most claims are settled through written negotiations between solicitors, so it’s unlikely that you or any witnesses will have to stand up in court.
Damages typically cover:
- Any financial losses and expenses you’ve suffered, e.g. car repair costs, medicine prescription charges, travelling expenses, phone calls and medical treatment;
- Any lost earnings through having to take time off work because of your injuries;
- Anticipated future expenses, including lost earnings; and
- Damages that reflect any disadvantage you may experience in seeking future employment.
The claim process
You have three years in which to start your claim after your accident. It’s worth remembering that claims can take a while to go through. We need to ensure that we have a strong prognosis on your injuries (i.e. how long will it take for your injuries to totally disappear), as this will help determine how much you’ll be entitled to in damages.
At Accident Advice Helpline we work with over 200 solicitors nationwide, and they are experts in seeking awards in personal injury claims. Your solicitor will pull together all the evidence for your claim including medical reports, any receipts for expenses and witness statements. Of course, they will require your input and will be in touch with you regularly to ensure that you’re happy with how things are progressing.
Start your claim today
If you would like to hear more about how Accident Advice Helpline can help you, call our freephone number on 0800 689 0500 and speak to one of our advisors. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, they are here to help you seek the damages you deserve.
Date Published: 17th May 2013
Author: David Brown