Average personal injury settlements
If you have become a victim of an injury or illness, you may be entitled to personal injury compensation. Events leading to such personal injuries include:
- Road traffic accidents
- Slips, trips and falls
- Accidents in the workplace
- Accidents in public places
- Defective products
While our 30-second test will help you to gauge the amount of compensation you could be entitled to, it is important to understand that the results will only provide you with a starting point from which you can try to determine the value of your claim.
Understanding average personal injury settlements
For your information only, the average personal injury settlements are as follows:
- Minor whiplash: £2,500 – £5,000
- Neck fractures: £12,000 – £200,000
- Minor head injuries: £1,500 – £7,000
- Moderate arm injuries: £9,000 – £75,000
- Loss of a front tooth: £1,000 – £2,000
- Trivial scarring: £1,000 – £2,000
- Significant scarring: £5,000 – £18,000
- Loss of taste and smell: £22,000
The average personal injury settlements detailed above are for the injuries listed only and tend to rise year on year, according to the guidelines set by the Judicial Studies Board.
To value the amount of compensation you are eligible to claim for your injuries, you will need to ask a solicitor to review all of the facts surrounding your case and make contact with any witnesses to your personal injury.
Several factors will help to determine your personal injury settlement, including:
- The nature and severity of your injuries
- The duration of your medical treatment
- Your prospects of making a full recovery
- Any financial losses incurred as a consequence of your injuries
Hiring a personal injury solicitor
At Accident Advice Helpline, we understand that hiring a solicitor can be a daunting task, but if you want to receive a fair compensation settlement, you should seek our advice before making a claim. Our personal injury solicitors aim to explain complex legal jargon so that you can better understand the process of fighting for the maximum possible compensation for your injuries. To ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve for the pain and suffering you have endured, call our freephone helpline today and discuss your case with one of our trained claims advisors.
Date Published: 9th August 2013
Author: David Brown