Automobile Accident Compensation
It’s a sad fact of life that driving on today’s roads is risky. You may be a careful driver, or you may think you are, but you can’t predict what the other guy is going to do. If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in a road traffic accident, and it was not your fault, you are fairly quickly going to be looking for automobile accident compensation.
Keep calm and write it down
Usually, if the accident is a minor shunt, the drivers exchange details and the insurance companies sort it out, but if it’s more serious than that and people are injured and significant damage has occurred to vehicles and property, then more action is needed. It’s difficult when drivers and passengers are in shock, to stay calm and think of everything, but it’s important to do this, and later on, it will help support the claim for automobile accident compensation.
Things to do immediately after a road traffic accident
- the first thing to do is to check if people have been injured and to call the ambulance
- call the police as it is mandatory to do this when people have been injured
- set out the warning triangle (all vehicles should carry one)
- take the details of the other vehicles and drivers involved
- take photos of the scene and the injuries
- take photos of the damage to vehicles
- try to obtain details and consent of witnesses, if any
- make your own notes of what happened
How to seek automobile accident compensation
- Keep all your receipts, however trivial
- Keep all the documentation you receive from your insurance company
- Shop around for the right solicitor for your kind of case
Accident Advice Helpline
We are a personal injury law firm, which specialises in personal injury compensation, including automobile accident compensation. Established for more than fifteen years, we have helped thousands of clients win compensation they are entitled to after being injured in an accident that was not their fault. It is important to find the right solicitor for each case and our quick and easy assessment process is designed to do that. Our 30-second online test will confirm whether or not the claim is eligible and then our questionnaire asks for information about the accident. Based on this and on similar cases we have dealt with, we can find the right legal representation for your circumstances.
Accident Advice Helpline works with a network of hundreds of solicitors to win automobile accident compensation on a no win no fee* basis. We can give you a quick estimate of what your claim is likely to be worth. You can call us on 0800 180 4123 and talk to one of our friendly, professional advisors or start your claim online. Our advice is free and there are no upfront charges to pay.
How do I qualify?
Three conditions must apply for a claim to be eligibleOpen Claim Calculator
- the accident must not have been your fault
- it must have occurred within the last three years
- the claimant will have received medical attention as a result