“145,000 reported accidents on Great Britain’s roads in 2012” (Department for Transport statistics)
Being involved in an auto accident in the UK is not unusual. But what if you were injured in the accident and it wasn’t your fault?
Many people are surprised to discover that the following groups can still be found liable for compensation with the aid of an auto accident lawyer:
- Illegal drivers such as those driving:
- without a valid driving licence, tax or insurance
- in a stolen or unsafe vehicle
- while drunk, under the influence of drugs or disqualified from driving
- Accidents caused by sudden illness
In such cases the driver will not usually be prosecuted but could still be liable to pay compensation to any parties injured as a result of the accident.
- Stationary or fixed objects, children, the condition of the road surface.
- Emergency vehicles, learner drivers, drivers from abroad.
Accident Advice Helpline will have an auto accident lawyer with expertise in your area, however unusual it may seem. Every specialised lawyer provided by us is accredited by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers, so you don’t just have to take our word for it.
Your auto accident lawyer will work on a 100% “no win no fee*” basis, so there will be no initial outlay costs for you and nothing to pay in the unusual event that you are not awarded compensation for your pains.
Accident Advice Line’s favourite auto accident lawyer offers his Top 3 Tips to ensure a smooth compensation claim:
- Everyone involved in an auto accident must STOP even if the accident was not your fault if:
a. anyone is injured
b. vehicles or other property are damaged
c. any animals are injured
d. street lights or bollards etc are damaged
- The drivers must present the police with:
a. their name and address, and that of the owner of the vehicle (if different)
b. a valid insurance certificate
- Keep details of witnesses and ensure they record their evidence in writing
If you have been injured in an auto accident in the last three years which was somebody else’s fault, call our Freephone Helpline now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to speak to one of our friendly, professional advisers who will be able to advise you whether an expert auto accident lawyer can help.
Date Published: 31st July 2013
Author: Jan Newell
Category: Transport accident claims