Auto accident lawsuit
While modern vehicles make travelling on the roads safer, hundreds of auto accidents occur on a daily basis. For this reason, it is important for you to take the time to familiarise yourself with the steps that must be taken following a road accident.
What information should I obtain immediately after an auto accident?
After being involved in an auto accident, you should record the following details:
- The names and contact details of the other motorists involved.
- The license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accidents.
- The names and contact details of all passengers and witnesses at the scene of the accident.
- The insurance details of all motorists involved in the accident.
- The types of injuries you have sustained.
- The types of vehicles involved in the accident.
- The exact location of the scene of the accident.
Where possible, you should take photographs of the scene of the accident, the injuries you have sustained and any damaged items, including vehicles.
Should I contact the police following the accident occurred?
You may need to report the accident to the police in the following circumstances:
- If someone has sustained serious injuries as a result of the accident.
- If you believe an illegal act has taken place.
Should I inform my insurance company?
The majority of insurance companies require their policyholders to report auto accidents. You should therefore read the terms and conditions of your insurance policy before you report any accidents.
Should I seek medical attention?
It is always wise to get checked out by a doctor following an auto accident as often, you may not feel pain until a few hours after the accident. If you wish to start an auto accident lawsuit for your injuries, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible.
How do I instigate an auto accident lawsuit?
You should contact Accident Advice Helpline via our Freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobie immediately after your accident has occurred. Our claims handlers will be able to provide you with advice on making a 100% no win, no fee claim and will pass your case onto a trained solicitor, who will handle the all the required legal processes relating to your auto accident lawsuit. Once your solicitor has filed your auto accident lawsuit, he or she will work hard to ensure you stand a good chance of receiving full compensation for damages.