How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Auto accident lawsuit

    Auto accident lawsuit

    While modern vehicles make travelling on the roads safer, hundreds of auto accidents occur on a daily basis. For this reason, it is important for you to take the time to familiarise yourself with the steps that must be taken following a road accident.

    What information should I obtain immediately after an auto accident?

    After being involved in an auto accident, you should record the following details:

    • The names and contact details of the other motorists involved.
    • The license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accidents.
    • The names and contact details of all passengers and witnesses at the scene of the accident.
    • The insurance details of all motorists involved in the accident.
    • The types of injuries you have sustained.
    • The types of vehicles involved in the accident.
    • The exact location of the scene of the accident.

    Where possible, you should take photographs of the scene of the accident, the injuries you have sustained and any damaged items, including vehicles.

    Should I contact the police following the accident occurred?

    You may need to report the accident to the police in the following circumstances:

    • If someone has sustained serious injuries as a result of the accident.
    • If you believe an illegal act has taken place.

    Should I inform my insurance company?

    The majority of insurance companies require their policyholders to report auto accidents. You should therefore read the terms and conditions of your insurance policy before you report any accidents.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Should I seek medical attention?

    It is always wise to get checked out by a doctor following an auto accident as often, you may not feel pain until a few hours after the accident. If you wish to start an auto accident lawsuit for your injuries, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible.

    How do I instigate an auto accident lawsuit?

    You should contact Accident Advice Helpline via our Freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobie immediately after your accident has occurred. Our claims handlers will be able to provide you with advice on making a 100% no win, no fee claim and will pass your case onto a trained solicitor, who will handle the all the required legal processes relating to your auto accident lawsuit. Once your solicitor has filed your auto accident lawsuit, he or she will work hard to ensure you stand a good chance of receiving full compensation for damages.

    Date Published: 31st July 2013

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.