Do you need an auto accident injury solicitor?
An auto accident injury is an injury that has been caused by a road traffic accident, usually involving a car.
If you have had an auto accident, chances are that you have a whiplash injury.
What is a whiplash injury?
Whiplash is the most common injury sustained after a car/auto accident. It is the term used to describe a certain type of neck injury, which occurs when the head is violently thrown backwards and forwards.
The sudden movement causes the ligaments and muscles in the neck to go beyond their normal range of movement and over-stretches them.
It is an auto accident injury as it occurs upon impact of a auto/car accident, the force of the collision jolts the body, thus causing whiplash.
Other auto accident injuries
Depending on the severity and cause of the accident, you may also suffer from another auto accident injury. This may include:
- Head injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Psychological trauma
What to do if you have suffered an auto accident injury?
If you have suffered from an auto accident injury and the accident was not your fault, you may be considering claiming compensation for your injuries.
The criteria for claiming compensation for your auto accident injury is:
- The accident should have occurred within the last 3 years
- Fault of a third party can be proven
Proving fault can often be difficult, however if certain steps are followed you stand a better chance of your claim being successful.
What to do
- Note down the details of the other negligent driver. Take their name, address, car registration, make and model of car.
- If any witnesses are present, take their name and contact details too.
- Seek medical attention. This will not only get you some pain relief for your auto accident injury, but your medical records will be used to help prove your injuries.
- Keep a diary of your symptoms after the accident. If your injuries are not improving it is advisable to re-visit your General Practitioner.
- Keep all receipts, invoices and wage slips which will help prove financial loses. You may be able to recover costs for prescription charges, taxis to medical appointments and loss of earnings.
Speak to an auto accident injury solicitor
In order to claim compensation for your injury you will require legal representation. Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years of experience in helping people claim compensation for their auto accident injury.
We are one of the UK’s leading and most reputable accident management companies. If you decide to take up our services we will appoint a specialist solicitor who has experience in handling auto accident injury claims.
Your appointed solicitor will help calculate the amount of compensation that should be expected and will negotiate on your behalf to win you the maximum compensation you rightly deserve. Contact us today to see how we can help you.
So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.