Finding a great asbestos solicitor to help you win the compensation you deserve
Accident Advice Helpline can help you with an experienced asbestos solicitor who will help you to win compensation for any ill health implications you have as a consequence of asbestos poisoning. Accident Advice Helpline’s solicitors will work for you on a no-win, no-fee basis, which means you will not have to contribute to the legal costs up front. In the event the claim fails, there is no fee to pay. There is no obligation to proceed with your claim if you decide against it after talking through the merits of your case with our friendly, expert, advisors.
What is asbestos poisoning?
Asbestos was used commonly in building projects between 1930 and the mid-1970s. Tens of thousands of people exposed to asbestos have sadly gone on to develop a variety of serious asbestos-related illnesses, such as cancer.
Are you entitled to compensation?
A recent court ruling has now made it possible for those affected by asbestos poisoning to claim compensation from their former employers or, in the event the employer no longer exists, their insurer. Once an asbestos solicitor is appointed to you, they will fight to make sure you’re awarded every penny you’re entitled to.
It is not only those who worked directly with asbestos who can claim compensation, but those who were exposed to asbestos fibres outside of work, such as from affected clothing brought into the home by a family member who worked closely with asbestos.
Six steps towards winning the compensation you deserve
- Call Accident Advice Helpline’s free phone number to talk through your circumstances with a friendly advisor, or take the simple online 30-second eligibility test.
- Accident Advice Helpline will appoint a specialist, in-house asbestos solicitor to work on your behalf.
- Your solicitor will talk through the facts of the case with you and submit your compensation claim.
- Most cases are settled over the phone, and your solicitor will fight to receive the best possible financial compensation.
- Once compensation has been agreed, your solicitor will make arrangements to pay the compensatory award to you.
- Although unusual, if the case is not settled, it will usually proceed to court. If the case is unsuccessful, you won’t pay our legal fees – so you remain protected from risk.
Take the first step and let us find you a specialist asbestos solicitor today. Simply complete the 30-second form on our website, or call us on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 28th July 2013
Author: David Brown