If you have suffered a personal injury such as a road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault, an injury at work, or a fall in public, you should explore your eligibility to make a claim for compensation.
Personal injuries can cause major disruption to your life and work, so it is important you find an accident claim company such as a personal injury law firm that will represent your interests in an expert and professional way. But how do you ensure that you choose the right company? Here is our step-by-step checklist to help you come to a decision that is right for you.
How to choose an accident claim company
- First of all, check your eligibility to claim. Most good accident claim websites will include an online tool to do this in one quick and easy step.
- Ensure the company operates on a no-win, no-fee basis.
- Do they have a free legal advice helpline? This is a good way to begin your conversation without any obligation.
- Has the company received any endorsements? Nowadays, many public figures act as consumer champions to help indicate a trustworthy, reliable service.
- Does an accident claim company use in-house or independent lawyers? It may not be of benefit to you if a company uses independent legal experts. In-house lawyers will all be working to the same high standards demanded by their law firm.
- Does the company use social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter? This can be a good, informal way of judging or interacting with an accident law firm. You could even use social networking to ask the opinion of friends who may have been through the claims process.
- Is the accident law firm a member of the Claims Standards Council?
Why take these steps?
Using an accident claim company and law firm renowned for professionalism and expertise is an important step in the process of claiming compensation for your personal injury. If you do not take the time to research and select a company that is right for you, you may be at risk of facing hidden fees or not gaining the representation you deserve.
Accident Advice Helpline can offer you some free legal advice on our helpline, before progressing your claim with legal experts selected for your specific circumstance.
Endorsed by UK consumer champion, Dame Esther Rantzen, we operate on a no-win, no-fee basis and have a nationwide presence in national papers, on TV and on radio.
Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and members of the Claim Standards Council, we will expertly progress your claim using one of our expert solicitors.
To get an idea of how much you may be able to claim, Accident Advice Helpline has a quick online 30-second tool to get you started. Alternatively, you can give us a call on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.