How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Advice on claiming in Suffolk Coastal

    When it comes to making a compensation claim, there is no denying that the lawyer you hire, whether you look for advice on claiming in Suffolk Coastal or further afield, is going to be largely responsible for ensuring you secure compensation.

    However, this does not mean that you do not have a role to play. There are ways you can help your accident lawyers to have the strongest chance of winning your case, and one of these ways is to report the incident correctly when required.

    Advice on claiming in Suffolk Coastal : Reporting the incident

    One type of scenario when it is necessary to report the incident is when you have been involved in a workplace accident of any sort. From construction accidents and falls from height to being diagnosed with vibration white finger, the scenarios vary dramatically. However, one thing that does not alter is the fact that you need to inform you employer or safety representative of the incident.

    They are required to have an accident book by law and you will need to record the incident in this. Failure to do so could result in trouble for you and your accident lawyers later down the line when you want to make a claim.

    Another time when you may need to report the incident is if you have been involved in a road traffic accident, as it may be necessary to call the police. If the crash that has occurred is causing a danger or interruption to other drivers, the police need to be contacted so that they can do something about the situation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Aside from this, if you have been involved in a dangerous incident or you have been the victim of a hit and run you will also need to report the accident to the police.

    Hopefully, you now have a better understanding as to why it is often a requirement to report an accident you have been involved in, even if you were not at fault. If you report the incident correctly, you could also increase your chances of getting compensation too. If you have any further questions about this, please do not hesitate to give Accident Advice Helpline a call.

    Contact Accident Advice Helpline

    Our helpline numbers are 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. You can try the 30-second test on our website. With just a few clicks, you can find out whether you’re eligible to claim.

    Date Published: 1st June 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.