How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Advice on claiming in North Dorset

    Personal Injury Solicitors in North Dorset

    Road traffic accidents and advice on claiming in North Dorset

    Most of us rely on our cars to make our lives easier. We use them to ferry us from home to work and school, to do our shopping, and to visit family members, Unfortunately, cars can also be deadly devices, which can cause us series injuries and even death. Road traffic accidents are sadly all too common these days, and our team, at Accident Advice helpline, are here to help you if you have been injured in a road traffic accident.

    Claiming for road traffic accidents

    If you have been injured in a road traffic accident, you are probably looking for some advice on claiming in North Dorset, or anywhere else in the UK.. You can make a road traffic accident claim if you are a driver, cyclist or pedestrian who was involved in an accident that was someone else’s fault.

    Who pays the compensation?

    If your compensation claim is successful, it is likely that your settlement will be paid by the insurance company of the person who caused the accident. It is for this reason that you should never feel ashamed or uncomfortable about making a personal injury claim following a road traffic accident.

    All vehicle drivers are required to have insurance for just such event, if they did not have insurance at the time of your accident, then they were breaking the law and by bringing this to the attention of everyone, you will be helping to make the roads safer.

    How do I claim?

    In order to make a claim for road traffic accident compensation, you will need to be able to provide some basic evidence to back up your claim. You will need:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Medical evidence of your injuries
    • Witnesses to the accident
    • Details of when and how the accident occurred

    It would also be useful if you had photographs of the scene, but we understand that this is not usually the first thing you think about after being involved in a road traffic accident.

    In addition to having the relevant evidence, you must ensure that it has not been longer than 3 years since your accident took place. There is a 3 year limit on when you can claim, so you do need to make a move and contact us as quickly as possible if you want to file a claim.

    No win no fee*

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we work on a contingency basis, only collecting a fee if and when we are able to secure road traffic compensation for you.

    To find out more about claiming for road traffic accidents, give Accident Advice Helpline a call on 0800 689 0500 free from your landline. You can also call us on 0333 500 0993 from your mobile phone. Calls from mobiles will be charged.

    Date Published: 28th July 2014

    Author: christine

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.