There is no end to the different types of incidents that can lead someone to needing the services of a solicitor to make a personal injury claim. This includes everything from motorbike accidents, to slips and trips, to injuries from faulty products, to workplace accidents and much, much more. No matter what has occurred, if you find yourself in the position where you need to make a claim, you may be wondering about the steps you should take and how to go about the process. Keep on reading to discover all you need to know.
- See a doctor – When it comes to any personal injury case, the most important thing is always to see a medical professional. The importance of this cannot be ignored, even if you have only suffered a minor injury. This is because your doctor will provide a medical report and this is then used to determine how much compensation you will be awarded.
- Get contact details – Not only should you attempt to get the contact details of the person that caused the incident, but anyone that witnessed it as well, as this will really help you to build up a solid case.
- Keep proof of any costs incurred – You will be able to claim for any costs you have encountered because of your injuries, yet you can only do this if you have proof. Common examples of these costs include prescription expenses, travel costs, childcare costs, loss of income, counselling expenses and such like.
- Find a quality solicitor – This is pivotal, as the person you choose is going to have your chances of a payout in their hands, which is why we have put together some advice on hiring a solicitor in Fenland below.
Advice on hiring a solicitor in Fenland
- Read reviews that have been left by clients that have already used the solicitor in question
- Make sure the solicitor is based in the United Kingdom
- Choose someone that is willing to work to a no-win, no-fee* payment agreement
- Choose a solicitor that specialises in the area of personal injury compensation you require, for instance, if you have been involved in an accident that occurred because of poor health and safety in the working environment, you need someone with experience in workplace accident claims
- The final piece of advice on hiring a solicitor in Fenland is to opt for someone that has been working in the industry for many years
How to get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline
For more advice on hiring a solicitor in Fenland, call, text or complete the handy 30-second calculator on our website. The details you need are:
Helpline numbers: 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
You can try the quick and easy 30-second test on our website.
Or why not text ‘Claim365’ to 88010?
Date Published: 31st August 2015
Author: David Brown