Have you been involved in a road traffic accident that was not your fault? Perhaps a driver of another vehicle crashed their car into yours? Maybe you were cycling on your bicycle when a driver clipped the edge of your bike and sent you crashing to the ground? No matter what type of situation applies, if you have been involved in a road traffic accident and it was not your fault, there is a very high chance that you will be entitled to compensation. So if you need advice on hiring a solicitor in Barry, read on.
Road traffic accidents: Steps to take
- Get contact details – You should get the contact details of the person that caused the incident. This includes their name, address, telephone number, the details of their insurer, the make of their car, the model of their car and their vehicle registration number. If anyone witnessed the incident, you should also get his or her contact information, as this can help to strengthen your case.
- Take photographs – It can often help to take photos of your injuries and the damage at the scene, i.e. damage to your vehicle or the road.
- Call the police – You may need to inform the police of the incident. This is especially the case if the crash is causing a hazard to other drivers or the perpetrator has fled the scene.
- See a doctor – You need to see a medical professional if you want to have any chance of securing compensation because the medical report they provide is the most crucial piece of evidence.
- Hire a solicitor – Find a quality solicitor who can give you the best chance of getting the full amount of compensation you deserve.
Advice on hiring a solicitor in Barry
The latter part – hiring a solicitor – is of paramount importance, which is why we have put together a few pieces of advice on hiring a solicitor in Barry:
- Look for someone with a considerable amount of experience
- Make sure they have a history of successful road traffic accident claims
- Opt for someone that is happy to work on a no-win, no-fee basis
- Read reviews that have been left by previous clients to establish whether they have a good reputation
Contact Accident Advice Helpline
Our helpline numbers are 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Lines are open 24/7, so you can call us anytime for advice on hiring a solicitor in Barry.
You can try the 30-second test on our website. With just a few clicks, you can find out whether you’re eligible to claim.
Or you can text ‘Claim365’ to 88010.