After being involved in a car accident, whether as a pedestrian, a passenger or a driver, there’s a potential for serious injury. As this injury has the possibility of rendering the victim unable to work for long periods of time, it’s even more important that they can claim the compensation they deserve to help them get their lives back on track sooner rather than later.
If you have been unfortunate enough to have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, give us a call today to receive expert legal advice after a car accident in Torfaen.
At Accident Advice Helpline we are committed to not only winning your claim but also getting you the best settlement on your claim. You can be confident that your claim is in the best hands.
How to help your claim
There are a few things that can be done, regardless of your capacity in an accident, to help you ensure that your claim has the best chance of being successful. If you’re unable to undertake any of these tasks yourself, then you can ask someone else who was in the vehicle with you, or any emergency services personnel who was on the scene with you, usually a police officer. These things are:
- Ensuring that anyone who has been injured in the accident is checked over and goes to receive medical treatment as soon as possible. This should be your number one priority both for your own safety and the success of your claim.
- Collecting the details of the other party to the accident, including swapping insurance details and taking their contact details.
- Making sure you have the details of any witnesses to the accident.
- Taking the name and contact details of the police officer on the scene, for future reference.
- Taking photos of any injuries you, or anyone in the vehicle with you sustained.
- Taking photos of any damage to your car, especially if you already have photos of your vehicle prior to the accident.
- Taking photos of any road conditions that may have had an impact on the accident occurring.
As you can see, it’s largely details of people involved in the accident, and photographic evidence which will have the most impact on your claim. For more free, personalised legal advice after a car accident in Torfaen, give us a call now.
Need expert advice after a car accident in Torfaen? Call us now
Are you looking for advice after a car accident in Torfaen, and would prefer to speak to someone for information? If so, call us now for a free, no-obligation chat with one of our friendly advisors. Reach us on either:
- 0800 689 0500 from your land line, or
- 0333 500 0993 from your mobile phone
They’ll be happy to answer any questions and help however they can.
If you would just like to find out if you’re eligible to make a claim for compensation and see what your claim could be worth, then head over to the homepage of our website and take the 30-second test.
Date Published: 15th November 2015
Author: David Brown