If you are involved in an accident on the road, it can be a traumatic and upsetting experience. It can also be difficult and complicated to know what to do next. Accident Advice Helpline can provide you with advice after a car accident in North Somerset.
If you have been involved in a car accident that was not your fault, dealing with the injuries you sustain and the seemingly endless hospital visits and physiotherapy sessions is difficult enough. It is not fair that you have been put in this position, and the idea of claiming compensation can seem complicated, expensive and time consuming.
Accident Advice helpline are here to provide you with the advice, help and support you need. We operate on a no win no fee basis and will assist you in claiming the compensation you deserve.
What to do if you are in a car accident that was not your fault
After a car accident, there are actions you can take that can assist in your compensation claim.
- The most important thing to do immediately after a car accident is check the well-being of yourself, your passengers, and anyone else involved in the accident. If anyone has suffered severe or life-threatening injuries, they must be your first priority.
- Take photographs of the scene of the crash. If you have a camera, use that, if not photographs from a camera phone will be equally effective. Take pictures from multiple angles, be sure to include all of the damage done to your vehicle and any injuries sustained by yourself and the passengers in your car.
- Take the insurance details, contact details and addresses of all people involved in the crash. This will help track down those responsible, and gain witness statements from anyone else involved that can assist with your compensation claim.
- Seek immediate medical attention. Even if your injuries do not seem serious, it may be that the symptoms have not yet shown themselves. Many injuries that can be sustained from a car crash, including concussion and whiplash injuries, have symptoms that do not always show immediately. A medical diagnosis will help your compensation claim as well as ensure your health and safety.
- Call Accident Advice Helpline. We are here to provide advice after a car accident in North Somerset and will help you gain the compensation you deserve.
Advice after a car accident in North Somerset
You are not alone, and you do not have to suffer in silence. Contact Accident Advice Helpline from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 or free from your landline on 0800 689 0500 not to find out if you have the right to claim compensation.
Date Published: 22nd July 2015
Author: David Brown