With more vehicles and road users on UK roads than ever before, there is a significant risk of being involved in a car accident. If you have suffered personal injury as a driver, cyclist or pedestrian, you can rely on Accident Advice Helpline to provide you with expert legal advice after a car accident in Lincolnshire. Give us a call today to learn how we can help you start your personal injury compensation claim.
Practical advice after a car accident in Lincolnshire
After being involved in a car accident, you might be dazed or in a state of shock but following these simple steps will greatly improve your chances of success when you later start your claim for compensation. Bear in mind however that even if you were unable to take the steps, our specialist solicitors will probably still be able to help you file a claim for compensation:
- Stop immediately after the collision. Do not attempt to move your car or drive off from the scene of the accident
- Exchange contact and insurance details with the other parties involved in the accident. Take the names and addresses of any witnesses present
- If you or anyone else has been hurt, call an ambulance and wait until it arrives. Also call the police immediately and explain everything that happened in detail
- Even if you do not feel you were seriously hurt, seek medical attention as soon as possible. Soft tissue injuries such as whiplash and back strains may not show symptoms immediately. Make sure you tell the doctor everything that happened. Your medical report will support your claim and help to obtain the maximum amount of compensation on your claim
- Take as many photographs as you can of the scene of the accident. Take photos of your injuries as well if they are visible such as with cuts or bruises
- If possible, also write an account of what happened in the accident to help you remember all the details in the future
What can I claim for?
Anyone who has been involved in a non-fault accident within the last 3 years is entitled to make a claim for compensation. Even if the accident was partly your fault, you may still have a valid claim. Our specialist solicitors will fight to make sure your compensation covers:
- Lost earnings
- Costs of treatment and rehabilitation
- Travel expenses to medical appointments
- Loss of ammenity
- Any other out of pocket expenses related the accident
You may also receive damages for the emotional and psychological pain you suffered because of the accident.
Do not delay any longer, start your claim with Accident Advice Helpline today
We offer great advice after a car accident in Lincolnshire! To start your claim for compensation, call 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile phone. Take action today.
Date Published: 28th September 2015
Author: David Brown
Category: Location Posts