How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Advice after a car accident in North West Leicestershire

    Personal Injury Solicitors in North West Leicestershire

    Advice after a car accident in North West Leicestershire

    Being in a car accident can be a terrifying turn of events.

    It is common for most accident victims to enter a state of shock, and it can be difficult to process what is happening, let alone what needs to happen next. If you have an accident, your thoughts may turn straight away to car insurance – but what about the damage done to you? If you were not the driver at fault, or indeed were in no way at fault for the accident, you could be entitled to compensation.

    What to do after an accident

    Following an accident, it’s important to take the following steps, as these can not only aid your recovery, but can be beneficial if you want to move ahead with a claim:

    • Make sure you report the accident. Even if it was minor in nature, it’s important to ensure the police are made aware and that a full accident report is filled in.
    • Exchange details with any other parties involved in the accident. This is important not only for insurance purposes, but for your solicitor if you want to make a compensation claim.
    • Seek medical attention. Whether you are treated at the scene of the accident, or go to the GP after the fact, it’s important you get some kind of treatment. Not only is this of course important to help you feel better, but you will need the injuries documented by a professional in order to seek compensation for them.
    • Contact Accident Advice Helpline. You can give us a call for no-obligation advice after a car accident in North West Leicestershire, and also to arrange no win, no fee* legal representation to begin your compensation claim.

    When to call Accident Advice Helpline

    You have three years from the date of the accident in which to make a claim, so if your injuries are serious and have left you in pain and unable to contemplate taking legal action, you have some time to focus on getting better.

    The sooner you call us, the sooner we begin your case and the faster you’ll receive compensation. However, if you need some time to recover, you have a grace period outlined in British law, so you can feel confident about taking action when it’s right for you. If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault within the past three years, it’s not too late to see justice done. For more advice after a car accident in North West Leicestershire, contact us on 0800 689 0500 today.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: 27th July 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.