How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accidents on construction sites

    Accidents on construction sites

    Accidents on construction sites

    There was an incident where a worker was inflicted with burns and singeing after an accident whilst at work. The injured man was using a large mechanical drill when he suddenly hit cable beneath the pavement. This sent a huge volt of electricity through the drill and up onto the man, causing injuries. Accidents on construction sites are rare but they do happen. Tougher health and safety regulations have made the industry more secure now.

    When an accident happens on a construction site which is down to a lack of care by somebody with an obligation for health and safety and the accident results in an injury, it is just as important to ensure that the victim receives an appropriate construction injury compensation settlement as it has ever been. Despite the reduction in accidents in construction those, which still happen, are still often of a serious nature. Take our simple 30-second test to see if you can make a claim for compensation.

    As with any industry, the first concern should be for your safety and wellbeing. If you have had a very serious accident you might well be in hospital and the last thing you want to think about is compensation. But as soon as you are able, it is essential to record the details of what has happened. Make sure whatever happens after the accident that you have a full medical examination.

    You medical professional will make a note of your injuries and these will go on your record and also in any work based medical file. A report needs to be written in your employer´s “Accident Report Book”. If you are not well enough to write an entry, ask another person to do this on your behalf. Your employer must report most types of construction site injuries to the Health Service Executive who may start their own health and safety inspection.

    Will I get compensation?

    Accidents on construction sites are often eligible for compensation because they are often serious. The key is though, that someone else must be responsible for causing your injury. It does not matter if you are a self-employed worker, a sub-contractor or an employee of the company or individual who has control of your work environment; accidents in construction for all types of workers are eligible for compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Contact Accident Advice Helpline and let us talk you through what you need to do to make a claim for accidents on construction sites.

    Category: Construction accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.