If you are an innocent victim of an accident at work in Solihull, then you may be able to make a personal injury claim against your boss, using the lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline for their help.
There are certain criteria that you need to fit if you have been involved in an accident at work in Solihull, or in any other type of accident anywhere else. To make a compensation claim, these have to apply to you:
- Someone else must have been to blame for the accident;
- You must have sustained injuries in the accident; and
- The accident must have happened within the last three years.
There are a few exceptions to the three-year rule, however, such as:
- Because of the length of time industrial diseases can take to develop, sometimes up to 40 years, you have three years from the date of diagnosis in which to make your claim
- If the accident was onboard a ship or plane, it must have been within the last two years
- If the victim was a minor at the time of the accident, and no one else made a claim for them, they have until their 21st birthday to make their claim.
All of these time limits are strictly adhered to, although a judge can override them if they feel that the case has exceptional circumstances and the injury claim was not made within the time limits. This is very rarely done, though.
It is not only an accident at work in Solihull for which you can claim compensation
There are lots of different types of accidents in which you can become involved every day throughout the UK. Here are some of the more common ones for which we at Accident Advice Helpline are asked to claim:
- Faulty product accidents
- Medical negligence
- Dental accidents
- Accidents at work
- Car crashes
- Motorbike accidents
- Slips, trips or falls in a public place
- Bicycle accidents
- Being the victim of a violent crime
- Food poisoning
- Holiday accidents
- Industrial illnesses or diseases
If you are not sure whether or not your accident is one for which you can make a claim, you should ring Accident Advice Helpline to find out.
How we can help
For over 16 years, we have been giving free legal advice to non-fault victims of accidents, and have helped many thousands of them to receive the personal injury compensation to which they were entitled after being injured in accidents that were not their own fault.
Our 30-second test will let you know if you qualify to make a claim, and will also give you an estimate of the amount to which you could be entitled.
Our freephone helpline is 0800 689 0500. Call this number and you can speak to one of our highly trained friendly and helpful advisors, who are here to help you through the processes of making a personal injury compensation claim.
Whichever way you decide to contact us, you will not be asked for any money to start your claim as we work on a no win no fee basis, so funding your claim is taken care of.
Date Published: 17th May 2014