Warehouses, construction sites and farms are three of the most dangerous places to be employed in the UK. They can be hazardous and dangerous and you could easily be involved in an accident at work in Prestatyn because your boss does not comply with the rules and regulations.
Even if your boss does do everything correct by the rules and regulations an accident at work in Prestatyn can still happen. If you find yourself in this situation, through no fault of your own, then call the friendly solicitors at Accident Advice Helpline, so that we can help you to make a claim for compensation.
Warehouse injury claims and an accident at work in Prestatyn
Warehouse accidents can happen all of the time, and they can change your life forever. Here are some examples:
- Objects falling onto people
- Heavy lifting injuries
- Accidents involving fork lift trucks
- Being exposed to chemicals and dangerous substances
- Falling from heights
- People tripping over objects left on the floor
- Spillages on the floor that have not been cleared up
You may be entitled to make a work related injury compensation claim, if you are injured in any type of accident while working in a warehouse, or anywhere else for that matter.
Keeping safe at work
Here are some tips for employers to reduce the risks of having an accident in a warehouse, although accidents do still happen no matter what you try and do to avoid them. They can:
- Make sure there are safety rails at height and on stairs
- Only let fully qualified operators use fork lift trucks
- Clear spillages and obstructions from walkways as soon as possible
- If storing dangerous chemicals or substances, ensure staff are aware of this and put in place correct safety measures relating to that substance
- Provide protective clothing such as boots and gloves and make sure employees wear them
- Issue everyone with a hard hat and make sure they are worn
- High-vis jackets or the like will make the workers more visible and hopefully reduce the risk of an accident
- Follow the regulations about working at heights and make sure employees comply with them
- Make sure all employees know how to handle heavy goods and give them proper training in lifting these
Contact Accident Advice Helpline now
If you have involved in an accident at work in Prestatyn and you want to find out more about making a claim, contact us today. Simply call us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile and our personal injury team will be on hand to help.
Why wait? Call Accident Advice Helpline now and make a claim for an accident at work in Prestatyn today.
Date Published: 15th May 2014