The prospect of having to file a claim when you have been injured in an accident at work in Maidstone can be overwhelming. You may not know what to do, what your rights are, or what to expect.
The good news is that you do not have to go it alone – you can call our freephone helpline and seek 100% no win, no fee* representation from the experienced team here at Accident Advice Helpline.
Important steps to take after an accident at work in Maidstone
While you consider picking up the phone and hiring our help, follow these tips to ensure you do not run into problems when you do eventually make your claim.
- Notify your employer about your accident at work in Maidstone. Failure to inform your employer in a timely manner could result in the rejection of your claim.
- Get the contact information of anyone else who was involved in the accident. Take down the names, addresses, telephone numbers and job titles of anyone who may have contributed to, or witnessed, your accident.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and your injuries. We may need these photos to back up your claim.
- Take notes when you talk to your employer, their insurer or anyone else involved in the claims process. Taking notes will help you to keep your facts straight.
- Get a copy of your employer’s accident report. Read through it carefully to make sure it is accurate. You must determine whether the report supports your version of the events.
- Keep copies of any documents related to your accident. This includes letters from your employer, medical records and accident reports.
- Follow your doctor’s advice. If you fail to follow your treatment plan and your injury does not heal properly, you may lose your right to receive compensation.
Once you have followed these tips, be sure to call us and enter into a free, confidential consultation with our trained claims advisors. When you have been injured in an accident at work in Maidstone, seeking our advice early on is the best way to preserve your rights and possible claim. Our team can explain the nuances of personal injury law in a language you can understand, and help you to improve your chances of success of receiving the compensation you deserve.
For more information call 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.