If you are under stress at work
In any job there are bound to be times when you feel more stressed than others. There are likely to be deadlines and busier times where everyone in your office or workplace feels under some form of stress, and these times are normal and will often be quite short-lived, giving you some respite after a while. However, there are other times which may be unnecessarily stressful, causing you to feel that you are unable to cope at work. As you will spend a lot of time in your office, overly stressful situations are likely to cause you to feel unable to cope in your everyday life, and should be dealt with as soon as possible. It might be that you have been hurt in an accident at work in Gwynedd through no fault of your own.
What are the warning signs?
Just simply ‘feeling stressed’ does not necessarily mean that you are under undue stress at work. Learn to identify the common signs that you are under stress which are specifically work-related.
- Anxiety about your job or workplace
- Not wanting to go to work
- Thinking about work even when you are at home or on holiday
- Problems sleeping or staying asleep
- Social withdrawal and withdrawing from your colleagues
How to tackle work stress
If you have decided that your stress is definitely caused by your job, there are a few things you can do to try to get back onto an even keel at work.
- Prioritise and organise your workspace and commitments
- Don’t commit to anything you can’t handle. If you feel that you have already taken too much on, think about losing a few of your commitments.
- Discuss the problem with a manager. Your manager can help you to deal with certain situations, and can handle other ones on your behalf.
- Break projects into smaller pieces. Give yourself smaller deadlines for individual parts of each project so that you don’t feel overwhelmed.
- Delegate. Instead of trying to impress your employer by taking everything on at once, delegate to others so that you have more time for each task.
If you are under stress because of an accident at work in Gwynedd
If you have an accident at work in Gwynedd and are left with injuries that take some time to heal then you may feel more under stress than usual. Any accident at work in Gwynedd should be reported to your manager, and you should work with those above you to work out a way for you to heal and keep your job during this time so that you are not put under any further, undue stress.
Making a compensation claim for an accident at work in Gwynedd can be helpful, and allow you to cope financially whilst you are recovering. Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to speak to the team about your accident and subsequent injury, to find out whether or not you have a good enough case for a compensation claim.
Date Published: 15th May 2014
Author: David Brown