If you want to avoid having an accident at work in Glasgow then it may be helpful for you to know the most common types of workplace accidents so that you can look out for them and avoid being involved.
Having an accident at work in Glasgow which is not your fault means that you should be able to make a claim for compensation against your employer, but it is always better to avoid being injured in the first place, as a compensation claim is stressful and the more serious accidents you can be involved in can lead to a long term injury or even death.
Accidents at work in Glasgow
- Traffic accidents. Many traffic accidents are caused by people who are working at the time. If you work in a driving job then it is more likely that you will get tired and thus find it more difficult to focus on the job. Make sure that you take lots of breaks and sleep well at night.
- Slips and trips. In jobs where you are on your feet all day this is something you should be on the lookout for. Remember that wet floors, obstructions and uneven floors can all cause slips and trips. Cabling is another cause of slips and trips, so remember this if you work in an office.
- Lifting. In more physical jobs, where you are required to lift items on a regular basis, you are more likely to sustain a back or neck injury from lifting improperly, or trying to lift something which is too heavy for you.
- Repetitive Strain Injury. Although this may not seem as serious as some other accidents, RSI can make it difficult to do your job properly.
- Falls. If you climb ladders on a daily basis, you are at risk of injuring yourself through falling. Make sure you always work with someone else who can support you if necessary.
Claiming compensation for an accident at work in Glasgow
If you do want to claim compensation for an accident at work in Glasgow you must first make sure that it was the fault of your employer and not yourself. If your employer has not provided you with the correct health and safety equipment then your accident was their fault. If they provided it and you simply chose not to use it then it is your fault.
If you are certain that your accident at work in Glasgow was the fault of your employer then call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to speak to the team about what happened and why you feel that your employer was to blame.
The team will help you to decide whether or not you have a good case for compensation, and help you to decide whether or not you want to proceed with a claim. If you do then you will be passed over to an in-house experienced personal injury lawyer who will work on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve.