Liability in an accident at work in Eastbourne is not always black and white; in some cases, it can be difficult to prove that your employer caused your injuries. At the Accident Advice Helpline, our personal injury lawyers are dedicated to helping individuals like you fight to for compensation from their employer. We have over a decade’s experience of handling compensation claims, so you can rest assured that we have the knowledge and skills to assist you in seeking the justice you deserve.
Determining liability in an accident at work in Eastbourne
To determine liability in a workplace accident claim, we must prove that your employer’s conduct fell below the standards required to protect you from harm and that this conduct caused you to suffer an injury and/or financial loss.
The concept of negligence requires us to prove multiple factors, including:
- Duty of care – Your employer has a duty to behave in a reasonably cautious manner, as to avoid potential to harm you and your colleagues. This means that they should have obeyed all health and safety laws.
- Breach of duty – If your employer failed to act in a careful and considerate manner, they will have breached their aforementioned duty of care.
- Causation – Your employer’s breach must have directly or indirectly caused you an injury and/or financial loss. This means that were it not for your employer’s actions, your injury and/or financial loss would never have occurred.
- Damages – Finally, you must prove the extent of your injury and/or financial loss.
Gathering evidence in support of your claim
To prove that your employer acted in a negligent manner and caused your accident at work in Eastbourne, we must conduct a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding your accident and gather evidence that helps us to build you an indisputable case for compensation. Examples of the evidence we may seek to obtain include:
- Medical records
- Witness statements
- Incident reports
- Your own written narrative of the accident
Regardless of whether liability is strict or absolute, we can assist you in proving that your accident occurred through no fault of your own, ensuring that you are able to seek the compensation you need to maximise your chances of making a full recovery.