The council area of Midlothian in Scotland lies close to the city of Edinburgh, Scotland’s capital, and East Lothian. Home to a number of small towns, villages and settlements, much of Midlothian is fairly rural. If you have been injured in an accident at work in Midlothian and you think that somebody else was to blame, you might find yourself considering making an accident at work compensation in Midlothian claim. It’s important not to waste too much time though as there is a three-year time limit in place to make a claim and if you miss this, your opportunity to make a claim could be gone.
What kind of accidents are eligible for accident at work compensation in Midlothian?
Most jobs don’t seem inherently dangerous and personal safety is usually the last thing on your mind when you go to work. From working in an office to retail work, our work environments generally seem to be safe places, and most of us think that accidents at work only happen in more risky environments, such as on a building site or in a warehouse. In reality, you could be injured in an accident at work no matter what your job is. Often, employer negligence is at fault and if this is the case then you could claim accident at work compensation in Midlothian. Here are just a few examples of the types of workplace accidents Accident Advice Helpline has handled claims for since 2000:
- Falls from height such as from scaffolding on a building site or from a ladder in a shop stock room
- Slips and trips, for example tripping over trailing cables in an office or slipping on a wet floor in a warehouse
- Industrial machinery accidents in factories
- Vehicle accidents either onsite (for example being injured by a forklift in a warehouse) or whilst driving for work purposes
- Workplace stress which has led to illness
- Industrial deafness from lack of protective hearing equipment
- Hand arm vibration syndrome from using vibrating equipment for long periods
- Repetitive strain injury whilst working in an office
- Electric shock
- Chemical spills, for example whilst working in agriculture or in a laboratory
If any of these things have happened to you, or if somebody you love has been injured in a workplace accident, you could get in touch with us within three years of your accident to find out if you could make a claim for personal injury compensation.
No-win, no-fee claims
Unlike some personal injury lawyers, Accident Advice Helpline offers a 100% no-win, no-fee service. In practice, this means that you can make a claim with us without worrying about paying upfront legal fees as there are none to pay. If you think you could be eligible to make a claim after your accident, it’s a good idea to get in touch with us as soon as possible. You can call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or call 0333 500 0993 from your mobile (charges may apply) today.
Date Published: 2nd August 2017
Author: Rob Steen