How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident at work compensation in Canterbury

    The cathedral city of Canterbury in Kent is one of the UK’s most popular tourist destinations thanks to its beautiful, historical buildings. There are also plenty of students living here and a number of universities in the area, but Canterbury is actually quite a small city compared to other cities in the UK, with a population of just 55,240 people in 2011. If you’ve been injured whilst at work in the city, then you may be looking into claiming accident at work compensation in Canterbury, and you’ll need to find a personal injury solicitor to handle your claim. You have three years from the date of your accident to make a claim.

    Why might you be claiming accident at work compensation in Canterbury?

    Accidents at work have the potential to happen in almost any workplace. It doesn’t matter whether you work in an office, a shop, a factory or even on a building site – you could be injured and your employer could be held liable, if there was more they could have done to prevent your accident from happening. Making a claim for accident at work compensation in Canterbury is possible if you’ve sustained any type of injuries which required medical attention – for example, perhaps you suffered an eye injury after parts flew out of faulty machinery in a factory, or maybe you injured your back after tripping on damaged flooring in a shop. In both cases your employer should have ensured that your working environment was safe, and as they have been negligent, you could make a personal injury claim for accident at work compensation in Canterbury, or wherever else in the UK you are employed.

    Can you lose your job for claiming compensation?

    There’s no need to lose sleep over the worry of losing your job if you make a personal injury claim. Your employer won’t need to pay your claim out of their own pocket, as if it is successful, their liability insurance will pay. There are laws in place to protect you against any issues that may arise as a result of making a personal injury claim, and most employers will be understanding, if they recognise that their negligence caused your accident.

    You’re perfectly entitled to make a claim for compensation, but if you need to talk through your concerns or get any more advice before you decide whether or not to proceed with a claim, you can call Accident Advice Helpline and chat to our friendly advisors on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: 6th April 2017

    Author: Rob Steen

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.